What if there was a way of eating that may help us live healthier for longer and protect the future of our planet, too?
The good news is that evidence now shows a plant-based diet may offer us exactly that - and straight-talking nutritionist Simon Hill has done the hard work translating the science into actionable advice for everyday life.
Before transitioning to a plant-based diet Simon held many of the common misconceptions. But instead he experienced incredible improvements in his energy levels, digestion, mental clarity and post-workout recovery after making the shift. He'd finally understood the power of food and was determined to find out - and share - the agenda-free truth about the optimum diet for human health.
By undertaking a master's degree in nutrition, poring over the latest scientific papers and books, and producing hundreds of hours of his internationally successful Plant Proof podcast, Simon has pursued the answers to all the questions he had about fuelling our bodies with more plants. Now, in his first book, he brings it all together into one inspiring and practical guide.
- The reasons why we're all so confused about what to eat
- The evidence showing how a plant-based diet might reduce risks of heart attacks and strokes, type 2 diabetes, cancer and dementia
- The positive impact of plant-based living for the climate and animal welfare
- Common myths about a plant-based diet - and what the real facts are
- How to build a healthy, satisfying plant-based plate, from macronutrients to micronutrients
- Practical tips for making the shift, and much more.
If you want to understand and unlock the many benefits of putting more plants on your plate, this book is for you.