Designed to help professionals introduce mindfulness to clients, the skills laid out here can help those struggling with problems of recurrent stress or ruminative thought, and benefit people wanting to live in a more effective, rewarding way. Incorporating a series of practical exercises and drawing on their own professional experience, the authors clearly demonstrate the most effective methods for presenting mindfulness techniques to those with no previous experience. Topics covered include:
- Orienting the client to the skill
- Obtaining and using client feedback effectively
- Introducing simple practises
- Teaching clients to utilise mindfulness in everyday life
- Case scenarios demonstrating the skills in practice
This practical, structured guide is essential for professionals already teaching or planning to teach mindfulness skills, those taking courses or workshops and for anyone interested in learning more about mindfulness.